Neon Venus is an original mix of alternative, rock and Latin grooves, with a punk edge. The band features high energy performances with lots of onstage movement. Lead singer Lissette dances to their tunes creating a fun and different performance experience. During 2011 Neon Venus has been playing regular shows at rock venues and at both of their own performances spaces, the Neon Venus Art Theatres, located in Hollywood and Las Vegas. The band is also producing new music videos. A few of their earlier videos, promos and a rockumentary have been featured on MTV Espanol, VHUno and MTV Puerto Rico (2003-2006).
-Neon Venus members are: Lissette Napoleoni,Puerto Rican born and raised lead singer, and Peter Valentino, lead guitar. Michael Oberlander (bass), Sean Logan (DJ/loops), and Jay Oberlander (drums) complete the lineup.
Lisa Walz, a Las Vegas booker for the Gold Mine Tavern says:
"The pleasure of having Neon Venus perform was all mine. The show was rocking. Thank you for the show. Once the outdoor stage is built for the Gold Mine, I would love to have you back for a show. If you have any shows coming up, please let me know so I am able to list them on Stardust Fallout. I would love to help spread the word about your incredible band."
Neon Venus are rock entrepreneurs and underground survivors. They have grown stronger every year since their inception in 1997, mostly due to smart online promotions and a passion for live performance. They have also promoted shows with other popular bands at their venues, sharing the space to create a scene. You can read Neon Venus updates on their Facebook page (add /Neon Venus), videos can be seen on YouTube/neonvenusmusic.
The Las Vegas Weekly says: "At the Neon Venus, art is life and life is a party." Both venues are an outlet for Neon Venus' music and shows, and for the artistic expression of fellow artists. Through their space, classes and partnerships with established artists, Valentino and Napoleoni are trying to create a fertile performance-and art based scene."
- In 2006, MTV Español (USA) aired Neon Venus' latest video for their song "Irresistible". - Three other Neon Venus music videos (Beso a Beso, Step Into My Island, and Volveremos) have aired on MTV Español, VHUno (Latin VH1- USA) and/or MTV Puerto Rico. "Beso a Beso" first aired on MTV Español in 2003.
- In 2005, MTV Español aired Neon Venus' self-directed rockumentary based on their tour of Europe, which included cities in Spain, Italy, Turkey, Egypt and the Sinai.
- Many tracks from their records have received college and internet airplay in the US, as well as on commercial stations and shows like Rodney on the Rock, on KROQ 106.7 FM in Los Angeles.
- So far, Neon Venus' original songs have been on many compilations including one to benefit tsunami victims and many compilations for top Latin rock magazine "Boom!".
- Neon Venus has released three CDs: "Irresistible" (2006) a bilingual double CD, with one disc containing songs mostly in English, and the other with songs mostly in Spanish, and two previous CDs, "Slip Into Rhythm/Cae En El Ritmo" (2002) and "The Birth of Neon Venus" (1999).
Lately the band has been videotaping their performances and the activity at their theatre for a new documentary.